This post repeats the announcement by Simon Cocking of Irish Tech News - see link here. If you would like to submit your FinTech company for consideration see here for more details.
Why only 20 then for Ireland’s first list?
For 2016 we want to ensure that Ireland’s first list showcases the very best of what we have to offer in Ireland. For this reason we have assembled a top panel to consider, debate and ultimately shortlist the top Irish FinTech companies. We’re optimistic that the list will be such a success that for 2017 many more companies will come to the panel’s notice to be included. We’re intentionally aiming for this list to be a lightening rod for all that is good and impressive about the Irish FinTech scene.
Who is on the panel?
We’ve pulled from the best and the brightest of those involved in the Irish banking, financial services, fintech innovation, incubators, accelerators and venture capitalists. Naturally we’re not looking for people to vote for their own pet projects, and for this reason we aimed to have as wide a panel as possible. We’re delighted with the range and excellence of those who have kindly agreed to help us curate this first list.
- Karl Aherne, CEO of Red Planet
- Dave Anderson, Agile geek, UX nerd, product management wonk, fintech Ireland gopher. 20 years of learning in mobile telecoms and digital finance.
- Paul Byrne, exTrintech CEO
- Mary Carty, Executive Director @LaunchPadNUIG, CoFounder @OutboxIncubator, Advisor @Stemettes,#womenintech, speaker, author #outboxin #tech #startups #arts
- Brian Caulfield, Partner at Draper Esprit. Previously founder at Exceptis & Similarity Systems. Sold both. VC at Trinity Venture Capital. Angel investor and business advisor.
- John Coolican, Value-Hound: Dig for it; Develop, Defend, Deliver it. Runs FinTech Innovation Lab (Dublin) in Accenture.
- Simon Cocking, @Irish_TechNews Senior editor at #1 Irish online tech news site | freelance @DublinGlobe @sundaybusiness #startups #FinTech #drones#photography
- Ron Immink, Father of two, maverick, speaker, business book geek, entreprenerd, author, blogger, innovator, strategist, CEO and co-founder
- JB McCarthy, Development Director Financial Services Innovation Centre (FSIC)
- Mary McKenna, Irish entrepreneur, storyteller, collector of people. My projects @TechforgoodCAST, @SCIE_socialcare, @vinspired, @IIBN, @MillenniumForum, @_RunAClub #maserati100
- Hazel Moore, Co-founder of FirstCapital @smartdealmaking, doing M&A for growth tech companies in Europe. Governing Board member of Innovate UK, the UK’s innovation agency
- Kevin Murphy, Managing Director / CEO / Non Executive Director of FS businesses, particularly Cards & Payments sectors
- Peter O’Halloran, Director & General Manager for the eCommerce division in EMEA for First Data
- Peter Oakes, Founder Fintech Ireland, central banking, fintech, regtech, payments, risk, law. Executive & Non-Exec Director. Former Director, Irish Central Bank, ex FSA & ASIC.
- Paul Ryan, Senior Director of Compliance, Financial Services and Risk Operations EMEA at PayPal @PayPal
- Anna Scally, KPMG Tax Partner, Head of TMT, Emerging Tech and FinTech Practices-KPMG Ireland, Conference Speaker, MC Extrodinaire. #WebSummitHQ
- Dave Tighe, BOI FinTech, Innovation and Startups